Find links to many consumer resources such as consumer fraud, consumer law, consumer product safety, consumer research guides and more.
Governmental Internet Resources
- Consumer Protection Working Group
- Consumer Information Center (Pueblo Colorado)
- This is the warehouse of general consumer
information pamphlets. It has pamphlets covering the following topics:
Cars, Children, Consumer Help, Education, Employment, Federal Programs,
Food, Health, Housing, Info.gov, Money, Recalls, Scams/Frauds, Small
Business, Travel and much more.
- Consumer Product Safety Commission
- The Consumer Product Safety Commission has jurisdiction
over about 15,000 types of consumer products, from automatic-drip coffee
makers to toys to lawn mowers. Some types of products, however, are
covered by other federal agencies. For example, cars, trucks and
motorcycles are covered by the Department of Transportation; foods, drugs
and cosmetics are covered by the Food and Drug Administration; and
alcohol, tobacco and firearms are within the jurisdiction of the
Department of the Treasury.
Nongovernmental Internet Resources
- Consumer Law Page
- The Consumer Law Page provides practical legal first aid on:
accident and insurance claims, defective products: SUVs, cars, trucks,
aircraft, birth defects caused by toxic chemicals, cancer caused by toxic
chemicals, financial and corporate fraud, preserving evidence, time
limits and more, what to do before you hire a lawyer, how to hire the
- Consumer Net (Consumer Information Organization)
- This site is narrowly focused on fighting Telemarketers and privacy on the Internet.