Immigration law resource page with links to immigration centers, immigration guides, immigration tax counseling, immigration lawyers, immigration bulletins, immigration treatises, immigration handbooks, the INS and the INS Handbook, visa services, and much more.
Governmental Internet Resources
- Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS)
- Is the official Government Agency that handles immigration procedures.
- Visa Services from the Department of State
- Provides access to a variety of Visa forms and
information on how to get a visa. Some of the forms include visitor visa application,
Affidavit of Support, Visitor and Student Visas, Immigrant Visas, Employment Visas,
Marriage to Foreign Nationals, and Other Visa Questions.
Nongovernmental Internet Resources
- American Immigration Center
- Houses one of the largest available selections of self-help immigration & citizenship
products. They sell products through direct mail order and specialize in
distributing and stocking products that are directly related to Immigration,
Citizenship and Learning the English Language.
- GODORT Immigration
- Via the Government Documents Handout Exchange provides links to various immigration government documents on the Internet.
- Guide to Country Research for Refugee Status Determination
- This research guide supplements the
legal analysis integral to refugee status determination (RSD) with a
review of the mechanics of country research. Although a variety of human rights
resources easily accessible, the undertaking of country research online comes
with its own unique set of challenges. This guide provides more focused recommendations for
retrieving and applying country and human rights information as a means to
enhance refugee protection.
- Immigration Forms Center
- From the law firm of Siskind, Susser Haas & Devine presents most of the Immigration forms.
The disclaimer warns that the forms may not be the most current ones or that
the form chosen is the correct one.
- Immigration Law
- Via Nolo Press provides a self help site for pro se litigants including
access to the following materials: Coming to America, Visas and Green
Cards, U.S. Citizenship, and an explanation of the Immigration Bureaucracy.
- Immigration Lawyers on the Web
- Provides access to attorneys specializing in Immigration Law. It
also has a daily immigration news page called Immigration Daily.
- Immigration Portal
- Contains a directory of over 600 immigration lawyers (searchable by language, state, and specialty),
has daily and weekly newsletters on immigration news, offers bunches of immigration
forms, offers forums and chats with lawyers and immigrants -- there's just
a lot of stuff here is all! Check it out.
- National Conference of State Legislatures (NSCL)
Immigrant Policy Project
- Tax counseling for Immigrants
- By Richard S. LeVine Esq. has general tax information for
United States immigrants. It provides background to income tax, estate
tax, gift tax, U.S. Social Security tax and some ways that this attorney
can help immigrants protect their money in trusts and other tax saving
Agency Administrative Materials
- Foreign Affairs Manual & Foreign Affairs Handbooks
- U.S. Dept. of State provides full text
access to the Foreign Affairs Manual and the Foriegn Affairs Handbooks published
by the U.S. State Dept, which is also responsible for visa issuance.
- INS Handbooks and Manuals
- Provides access to the Detention Operators Manual (Detention Standards), Handbook for Employers, NAFTA Handbook, and other guides.