Veterans resource page with links to Department of Veterans Affairs, veterans resources, veterans memorials, Disabled American Veterans, Veterans of Foreign Wars, and more.
Governmental Internet Resources
- Department of Veterans Affairs
- The VA's purpose is to administer the laws providing benefits and other services to veterans and their dependents and the beneficiaries of veterans.
- Health Administration Facilities Directory
- Facilities are listed by state and network.
- Kansas Commission on Veterans' Affairs
- The KCVA's mission is to afford veterans, their relatives, and dependents information, advice, direction, and
assistance through the coordination of state and federal programs and services in the fields
of education, health, vocational guidance and placement, and operate the Kansas Soldiers' Home,
Kansas Veterans' Home, and the Kansas Veterans Cemetery System.
Nongovernmental Internet Resources
- Korean War Casualty List
National Archives & Records Administration's list sorted alphabetically by state.
- Korean War Veterans Memorial
- At the end of the Korean War, a million and a half American veterans returned to a country long reluctant to view the
Korean War as something to memorialize. But to the men and women who served, the Korean War
could never be a forgotten war. This memorial honors these individuals.
- Liberty Memorial Museum of WWI
- The museum has remained faithful to the initial objective: to collect, preserve and intepret the physical
objects of World War One. The Liberty Memorial Museum is acknowledged as the only public museum
in the United States dedicated solely to the history of World War One.
- National WWII Memorial
- Construction of this memorial is on schedule for completion in the spring of 2004.
- Vietnam Veterans Memorial
- The Memorial serves as a testament to the sacrifice of American military personnel during one of this nation's least
popular wars. The purpose of this memorial is to separate the issue of the sacrifices of the
veterans from the U.S. policy in the war, thereby creating a venue for reconciliation. The Wall is for healing.
- Virtual Wall
- For those who cannot visit the Wall, this is the next best thing. This site also has a place to leave a remembrance and an excellent
search engine to locate information about a person on the Wall.