Washlaw is no longer updated as of June 1, 2019. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Blogs, Journals, Publishers & Vendors
Legal Technology Blogs
- 3 Geeks and a Law Blog
- "A law blog addressing the foci of 3 intrepid law geeks, specializing in
their respective fields of knowledge management, internet marketing
and library sciences, melding together to form the Dynamic Trio."
- Acrobat for Legal Professionals
- "A resource for lawyers, law firms, paralegals, legal IT pros and anyone interested in the use of Acrobat in the legal community."
- Future Technology for the Lawyer of Today
- Inter Alia: Technology Blog
- This blog covers "technology topics, as well as the latest in law practice management tips, tricks and resources – among other things."
- iPhone J.D.
- "A site for lawyers using iPhones and iPads."
- PDF for Lawyers
- "Smart tips for lawyers and legal professionals."
- Robert Ambrogi's LawSites
- "New and Intruiging websites for the legal profession."
- Washburn Law Journal
- Academic Law Reviews and Journals / FindLaw
- Findlaw for Students with links to academic law reviews and journals.
- The Blawg Review, Reviewing the law reviews
- Law Journals / WashLaw
- "Law journal resource page with hundreds of links to law journals, law reviews, law reports, law school journals, law quarterlies, law advisors, and law news for both national and international law journals."
- Legal Journals / USC Law School Library
- Legal journal divided into catagories, plus locating services.
- Legal Scholarship Network
- "LSN Professional Announcements is published weekly and includes announcements including conferences, professional meetings, calls for papers, and Professional Job Listings."
- United States - Law Review and Periodicals / American Law Sources On-line
- "These links point to web pages maintained by U.S.-published law reviews and similar periodical publications, including publications (sometimes called “e-journals”) that are published only on the internet. A database of the most-cited legal periodicals published in the United States (and selected periodicals published elsewhere), with entries that can be sorted, filtered and grouped on various criteria, is provided by Washington & Lee Law School."
- "Browse the Web's largest acronyms & abbreviations resource."
- Legal Abbreviations
- "...a free online resource for defining common legal abbreviations, legal terminology & law terms.
Electronic Journals & Magazines
- Ejournals / National Network of Libraries of Medicine
- "This is a selection of links to basic resources about electronic journals in the health sciences and about open access to health science information."
- E-Journals.Org / Providing links to the world's electronic journals.
- "Search millions of articles from leading academic, industry and general interest publications. We give you free access to information you can trust, from a collection you'll only find here."
- "Find individual articles from many freely accessible magazines by browsing the categories or using the search engine. Clients return to our site because of the research capabilities provided by MagPortal.com — research that is not commonly found on most websites."
- Serials in Cyberspace / McLennan / University of Vermont
- "[C]omprised of selective listings of web sites with electronic journal collections and services both inside and outside the U.S., miscellaneous collections and resources, selected e-journal titles and other web pages concerning serials that may be of interest to librarians."
- "Browse the web's largest acronyns and abbreviations resource."
- Legal Abbreviations
- "...a free online resource for defining common legal abbreviations, legal terminology & law terms."
Publishers & Vendors
- Electronic Books / University of Texas Libraries
- Legal Publishers / FindLaw
- NewPages.com: Alternatives in Print and Media
- "News, information and guides to independent bookstores, independent publishers, literary periodicals, alternative periodicals, independent record labels, alternative newsweeklies and more."
- Barrister Books
- "[O]ffers the Internet’s largest selection of law books, featuring law dictionaries (including Black’s Law Dictionary), hundreds of legal research guides, thousands of discounted law student study aids, and many other law items for attorneys, pre-law and law students and the general public."
- "Compare prices on over 100 million books for sale."
- Direct Textbook
- Search faster and find cheaper online law textbooks, study aids, and reference textbooks.
- Law Book Network / Buy and Sell on the Web
- "We buy and sell law books." E-mail your title to lawbook and let the company do the rest.
- Law Books / Yahoo! Shopping Directory
- Law books for everyone, including buy and sell used law books.
- Sells study aids and other law books.
- LawCatalog.com Online Store / American Lawyer Media
- "Your online store for professional legal and business information." Includes CLE information, books, legal market research, lobbying information, and more.
- Legal Matter Management from LexisNexis
- Legal Books from LexisNexis
- Meyer Boswell Books, Inc. / Specializing in Antiquarian Law Books
- "This is a searchable database of over 6,000 rare and scholarly books on the law available for purchase from Meyer Boswell Books, Inc. in San Francisco, California, USA. If you find something you like, you can order it online."
- Westlaw Store